Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter
We have recently reorganized the forums to better accommodate the location of information. If you find any discussions categorized incorrectly please let us know and we will get it sorted out.

How are you involved with Outbreak: Undead!? Introduce yourself!

14567810»

Comments

• Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    Hey Daniel, welcome aboard!  Very glad to hear you are enjoying both 2nd Edition and Pandemic Play.  Remember looking over your submission as well, pretty cool the approach you are taking with requiring your group to actually track each other down (I took an easier out, but most of my players live in my house right now).  Here is to hoping our Pandemic Play plans work out for our groups and we don't get ourselves killed.
    -Alex (Red)
    Community Manager & Developer
    I had played Eden Studios All Flesh must be Eaten, and had not heard of outbreak: Undead.

A few years ago,my friend Dave heard about the KS. He told me about it, I got the primer and other materials, but let it sit, and went hard into 5e for a while.

Now on Roll20, using Discord, and had a player talking to me about sci fi, and he urged me to run Outbreak: Deep Space, since he had played Outbreak: Undead, and liked it a lot, but wanted to really get into the sci fi aspect.

This week, went to drivethrurpg and bought everything O:DS I could find, that was not actual printed cards. (I live in Thailand, shipping would be too much, and I run games via roll20 anyway.)

Now I am learning how to run Outbreak: Deep Space, since I am a superfan of sc fi RPGs, and Traveller. This game will be pretty spiffy. Liking it a lot.

Good stuff.
    - James J. Thailand
  • Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    Hi James, welcome to the forums!
    -Alex (Red)
  • Hey everyone, my name is Rick. 

I got involved with outbreak back in 2012. A friend found the books and brought them to me because he wanted to play. He ended up selling me the books because he didn't have time for the game, and I loved it. I ran a few games, and was working with Chris to fix some errors in the first edition, 2nd printing book I believe it was back in August of 2012 (I will have to search my gmail.) During this process, the same friend borrowed my books because he wanted to run a game, and conveniently forgot he had sold them to me and went and sold them to a bookstore. Around that time some issues came up and I wasn't able to focus on Outbreak for a while, but I recently had my roommates ask me to run a zombie survival game using D&D. I talked them into trying Outbreak Undead instead, and realised I had purchased the 2nd ed pocket book PDF. So here I am, back again and annoying Chris and Alex and everyone with questions about 2nd ed, I will be starting my game soon (as soon as I get some stuff fleshed out and figure out some rules). I may run it on roll20 or just with pen an paper at home, I haven't decided. 

During a discussion on this, another friend has asked me to maybe start a play by post, so I may do that, but I have never done a play by post game before. 

Anyway, its good to be back, and I am digging the 2nd ed rules so far.
  • Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    Glad to have you back around!
    -Alex (Red)