Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter
We have recently reorganized the forums to better accommodate the location of information. If you find any discussions categorized incorrectly please let us know and we will get it sorted out.

Important Information Before Going To The Polls

edited January 2016 in Off-Topic Posts: 355
This is breaking news. Out of all the politicians out there, Sarah Palin is the first one to come out against the CDC's zombie apocalypse survival plan.
From her facebook:

"As unbelievable as it sounds, your tax dollars
are funding the federal government's Zombie Apocalypse Plan. I kid you
not. (Google it; it really is the strangest thing. It’s not like
government isn't trillions in debt and wasting billions of your dollars everyday...but I digress.)" - Sarah Palin

Continued in that post she then advertises "The Survival Truck" as a way to escape zombies if they attack during a BBQ.

I guess she would rather the US be unprepared as a whole when the day comes.
Kill, kill, kill for peace!
imageimageimage

Comments

Actually, being against the Zombie Survival Plan is about the sanest thing she's ever done.  :)
    Zombie Kills = 19
    Player Kills = 14

imageimageimage
  • citizenvaincitizenvain Indianapolis
    Interesting, but some how the liberal plan of stop drop and pee on myself when a zombie attacks seems much less appealing to me. I'll stick with Sarah and my guns at the polls (even though I'm positive she is not running for anything). 
    A survivor and GM in Indianapolis, IN. 
    imageimageimage
  • I honestly don't know what to think about the original posting. Is it serious, sarcasm, or other? The idea of the zombie apocalypse makes for great stories and games, but I really don't see it happening in reality. Treating it as real is one of the things that makes OU stand out as a great game and makes it more personal and less cartoony.

William
    It does't really have to be either. That's the beauty of the ZPOC discussions. It can be as serious as you want it to be.

In my opinion, I thought the campaign was clever and timely. But the zombie survival campaign isn't nearly as much a critique of the CDC in how they spend taxpayer money, but a pretty searing indictment of the American public who doesn't seem to have the sense to do some basic disaster preparedness for the CDC to resort to a PR gimmick like that. There is, of course, a very large chance that Sarah Pailin is being as serious in her critique of the CDC for the zombie prep campaign as the CDC is in DOING zombie prep campaign (as evidenced by her follow up 'Survival Truck' plan)... in which case everyone's doing some pretty effective trolling of one another. Everyone in the situation is on-message with their position on zombies however. That is the important takeaway from this situation.

...That said, I stand firmly behind "Plan Zombie Survival Truck".
  • That makes sense, I can see your point.

William