Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter
We have recently reorganized the forums to better accommodate the location of information. If you find any discussions categorized incorrectly please let us know and we will get it sorted out.

Fermi Paradox

citizenvaincitizenvain Indianapolis
edited August 2016 in Off-Topic Posts: 188
For those of you running Deep Space campaigns and need some inspiration for your campaigns, maybe you will enjoy this video speculating why we have not found other civilizations yet. The premise for all the horror in my scenarios so far is that humans have reached many stars and still not sign of any civilizations. That doesn't mean an unsuspecting research or rescue team doesn't stumble upon some horrible artifact or life form that doesn't take exception to the human's existence. 

A survivor and GM in Indianapolis, IN. 
imageimageimage

Comments

So like 2001, where they left monoliths as triggers to indicate when humans have reached certain levels of technology?
  • citizenvaincitizenvain Indianapolis
    In my "universe" I like to subscribe to one of the Fermi Paradox theories that most advanced civilizations either meet some horrific end or simply wipe themselves out. I also write into the history a lot of conspiracy, that certain organizations (UIC is the main quasi corporate governmental agency in my scenarios) are aware of alien civilizations but do everything within their power to suppress this information. Similar to what I believe would happen if NASA or the united nations knew a planet ending rock or advanced alien civilization was a few years out from destroying earth. Even Stephen Hawking believes we need to stop broadcasting our location.  

Once I get a better grasp on some of the sanity/morale mechanics, I would like to build that in. In my scenarios so far, I have a lot of NPCs that go insane from the knowledge they learn. 

The unknown is always more horrifying to me and that is what I like to focus on. 
    A survivor and GM in Indianapolis, IN. 
    imageimageimage