Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter
We have recently reorganized the forums to better accommodate the location of information. If you find any discussions categorized incorrectly please let us know and we will get it sorted out.

Forum games

olwell86 93940
edited January 2016 in Off-Topic Posts: 132
What are your successes for running this game in a forum? What's a good site to use? How long did the game run? Would someone be interested in playing in and or running a forum game?

Comments

• Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    Never tried it myself, but I would recommend Obsidian Portal for that.  You would need at least one member to have an Ascendant account at OP to get the forum, but you get a lot of other goodies to go with it.  I think using the site would work quite well for a game of this.
    -Alex (Red)
    Community Manager & Developer
    You mean like a VTT or actually using a forum like a super old school text based RPG?
  • olwell86 93940
    I was thinking old school Mud status...Skype is fun when it works though.
  • Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    Yea, I would certainly recommend Obsidian Portal with an Ascendant Membership for this purpose then.  I would also recommend checking out Roll20 as an option to combine the data management of OP with the VTT of Roll20 to allow for a really great online experience (though this would be pending on player availability).  If you do have to go just the forum route then I would still recommend OP with Ascendant.
    -Alex (Red)
  • Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    Hey, did this end up going anywhere for you?
    -Alex (Red)