Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter
We have recently reorganized the forums to better accommodate the location of information. If you find any discussions categorized incorrectly please let us know and we will get it sorted out.

Starships Rules: Building and Combat (ODS)

edited September 2016 in Community Made Materials Posts: 8
So, we decided to use as the base for a dark Sci-fi campaign where the players played the rolses as privateers/pirates/traders.

I wanted the players to be able to buy and upgrade their own ship, and to battle it out in the cold darkness of space. 

That required Starship rules, and as there where non in the rules, I had to make my own :-)

So if you are interested, they can be found here

They are provided as-is, so make the best of it and have fun ;-)

• Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    More detailed than I expected - I'll have to give this a solid read but it looks really good.  Awesome contribution!
    -Alex (Red)
    Community Manager & Developer
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 8

Just a small note: "Acquiring a Ship" refers to Materiel and Resource on p.132

My players where allowed to create a salvage ship worth 8.000.000 creds when we started the campaign - any surplus creds are lost. It provides a good foundation.....and dont forget a Cargohold if you plan on being able to gather Materials ;-)

The point about only trading new ships/upgrades for Materials only is, that you keep personal and ship economy separated – don’t want everyone running around with almost infinite credits.

• Document is updated to 1.02. Found a small error in the Damage Threshold and Health Points section
  • Very cool. I will study these. Seems like a nice system for narrative style. 

I well recall how Spacedock for Last Unicorn Star Trek RPG really livened up my games, deckplans, etc.