Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter
We have recently reorganized the forums to better accommodate the location of information. If you find any discussions categorized incorrectly please let us know and we will get it sorted out.

How to Play

olwell86 93940
edited April 2016 in Play-By-Post Posts: 132

Pick a Name

Post spew:
120 points, none above 40

Post traits:
all tier one

Pick one
paradigm

Start with
zero sp/gl

Post once
a week by Sunday at noon to play

Must
post to be active in a given week.

Storyteller
will make rolls and provide DoF/DoS

Pick a
house from Spring Creek found here (thanks Magus 76) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B83AeVR6olHjaFc4MUp3c1VCLXM/edit?usp=sharing

This is where new characters will be.  There will be a seperate forum for THE GAME, and THE ROLLS

Comments

• olwell86 93940

Example

Name:  Brad Browning       (Doctor)

S: 30  Firefighter
    Training, Mule, Resourceful kit: first aid

P: 30  ACLS, Clinical
    Skills, Research-Medical

E: 30 Culinary Arts, Honor, Mechanic Training

W:30 Basic First Aid, Diligence, Civilian :pil-auto kits:
    tire repair, starter. 

Time 1, I wake up and get called into work, Bummer

Today I was called into work early on Sunday.  I work at the local Doctors on Duty.  It has been a rough flu season.  Today I will spend my day being coughed on,
    disinfecting patient rooms, and generally pretending not to be grumpy.  I didn’t get a lunch today but the doctor was
    nice enough to order food for us from Monterey. 
    So I have that going for me.  
    Around dinner time we had to transfer some patients to another hospital
    for worsening conditions.  I hope they
    will be okay but can’t worry about that now. 
    More patients are coming in.  I
    wonder when I’ll get to go home.  This
    paycheck will be nice, maybe I’ll take a vacation.  

• Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    Oh snap, you said you were gonna take a stab at doing this and here you are to deliver.  I am intrigued, so I'll probably start working up a character for this.  I'll also give you a bit of a promotion on social and see if anyone else is interested in jumping in.
    -Alex (Red)
    Community Manager & Developer
  • Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    Do you have any preferences regarding characters - for instance, play as yourself or fictional character?
    -Alex (Red)
  • olwell86 93940
    You may play as yourself, however I am starting the game in Moss landing, CA. Justify getting there in creation.
    Research may be rewarded. I intend on posting maps etc in the near future.
    I intend on moving the party to a different city shortly however.
  • Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    Awesome - give me a bit to do a little minor research and see if I will use myself (if I can see a reasonable situation for me to be there) or a fictional character.
    -Alex (Red)
  • olwell86 93940
    As a fictional character I don't feel as bad about making less thought through actions.
  • Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    Thinking I am gonna go fictional here, not seeing a lot of reason for me to be in the area to be honest.  I'll whip something up this weekend in one of my breaks from writing.
    -Alex (Red)
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 415
    Same here.  I was going to say that I don't have time for it (and I really don't) but I would really really like to see how a 2nd ed game runs lol

I'll make a fictional character as well.  (Though I am curious how we're going to survive with only Tier 1 abilities and no GL to advance anything...)

Likewise how about if I wanted to play a doctor? No training or way to increase advanced medicine?
    Zombie Kills = 19
    Player Kills = 14

imageimageimage
  • olwell86 93940
    Before ol:1. Expect to receive age appropriate GL
  • olwell86 93940
    And it will probably be a slow game, faster based on amount of players...
  • Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    Ha!  Well, I am way behind on this, but still have every intent on making up a character here.  Sorry for being such a slow putz with this, working a series of projects at the moment.
    -Alex (Red)
  • Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    @foxlynam - what kind of character are you leaning towards?  I am currently either thinking 1) Doctor, 2) Security Guard, or 3) Construction Worker.  Just curious, might be good to make characters that will work well together to try and survive.
    -Alex (Red)