Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter
We have recently reorganized the forums to better accommodate the location of information. If you find any discussions categorized incorrectly please let us know and we will get it sorted out.

Gen Con 2016

Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
edited August 2016 in Announcements Posts: 425

Hunters Books @ Gen Con 2016

Hey everyone, the time has come to start talking about Gen Con 2016!  We here at Hunters will be attending, as you probably expected.  We already have a lot of great things planned and in the works for this years event, and we'll be releasing details about all of that in this thread in due time (we will also be updating this post with details as well, for ease of reference).  So if your plans will see you in Indianapolis this August, be sure to head over and pay us a visit!

Hunters Books Booth

We'll have a setup once again this year, and the crew will be around so be sure to pay us a visit.  Attending this year will be Chris, Ivan, and Alex (me), so pop in and say hello to us.  You can find the Hunters Books booth on the Exhibit Hall Map posted on the Gen Con website.  We will be located at the 2029 and 2129 slots.

Hunters Books Events

Hunters Books will be well represented this year with both officially hosted events and those by some of our great community.  You'll find samplings of both Outbreak: Undead and Outbreak: Deep Space over the convention.  On top of that with the coming release of The ABCs of RPGs, and the amazing support we have gotten on the Kickstarter for it, we will be holding a 'Gathering of the Younglings' where we will have coloring, readings, music, and more suitable for adventurers of all ages (with parent or guardian)!  This should be a great time for one and all, so be sure to check it out while you are there.

To help accommodate you in finding one of our many events, you can use the following links depending on the flavor you're looking for. Due to some errors with the Gen Con website Game System search function, this list is being revised to list individual events. If you have a gaming group running any Hunters Books games and would like to have them promoted here just comment in the thread with a link to the session details and we will add it for you here in this post (though we have done our best to track down your sessions already, so you might well be on the list now):

Official Hunters Games/Events:

Other Games/Events:

Additional details regarding Gen Con 2016 will be coming as the date approaches!

-Alex (Red)
Community Manager
Tagged:

Comments

Looking forward to Gen Con !!!!

Will there be any 2e stuff for sale at the booth?
  • Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    Of course we will, including some new stuff that we'll be announcing soon here.  Was there something in particular you were curious about?
    -Alex (Red)
    Community Manager
    Those links don't work  :)

Zombie Kills = 19
    Player Kills = 14

imageimageimage
    Totally understand that if you don't have these things, they won't be ready by August, but you asked so......

I believe a GM book was mentioned a few times, that would great.
    Maybe even a campaign book with ideas for GMs.
    Official dice
    print outs of the GM Sheild Inserts for 2e (I know I could get them printed myself, but I'd rather throw some money your way)

I'd purchase all of these.  

(maybe some cards for people who tried pandemic play...)

• Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    @foxlynam - Yea, it seems their website broke.  If I try to search Game Systems on there now they don't seem to want to pull up anymore.  I tried with a few other systems too.  Hopefully they fix the search, since it just is a link to a Game System search for each system (which is better, since there are games being run by us at Hunters and a number of gaming groups, so I wanted people to be able to find the lot rather than the Group search which would just pull our games).

@rich4647 - I'll check with the team here to see what all of those items we should have in stock at the booth.  What I can say right now is this: the Gamemaster's Companion (that compliments the Starter Kit Pocket Book) will not be available just yet (unless things suddenly changed) as it didn't clear editing in time for a Gen Con release (but it is done and coming very soon).  We also won't have any Campaign Setting books ready to go yet, there are some in development though and some of the sessions Hunters is officially running at Gen Con are Scenarios that will be included with one of these Campaign Settings.  We will have some more news about the future of Pandemic Play and 2nd Edition as a whole. There will also be some new content available that I am not sure we are quite ready to announce yet, but you should hear about before Gen Con.

I'll check on the status of the official dice and GM Screen inserts being available though (I want to say both will be available, but I'll be back with a confirmation on that).
    -Alex (Red)
    Community Manager
  • Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    @rich4647 - I checked on the status of the other items.  Since the GM Screen is a Print on Demand item we will not have it at the booth at Gen Con.  As for the dice, we have some for replacing defectives (if people find any), but none ready for direct sale.
    -Alex (Red)
    Community Manager
  • Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    I have updated the opening post.  Due to the Gen Con websites Game System search function not working anymore, I have taken a moment to do my best to track down all individual events over Gen Con related to the Hunters Books line of products and placed the details into the OP.  This should help facilitate finding events to participate in over the course of the weekend.
    -Alex (Red)
    Community Manager
  • citizenvaincitizenvain Indianapolis
    I still wish there was more love for Deep Space. Oh well, I guarantee my sessions will rock.
    A survivor and GM in Indianapolis, IN. 
    imageimageimage
    It's a personal mission to fix ODS. I will not let it be left behind as we move ahead. It's basically what 2e is but explained really really poorly so it's mostly a matter of incorporating the symbol language, which solves like 90% of the problems right there.
  • Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    Just a few more days now, looking forward to seeing everyone there!
    -Alex (Red)
    Community Manager
    Had such a great time playing OU once again.

Always a highlight of the con !!!!
  • Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    It was a blast to be sure!
    -Alex (Red)
    Community Manager