Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter
We have recently reorganized the forums to better accommodate the location of information. If you find any discussions categorized incorrectly please let us know and we will get it sorted out.

Help w/ Excel Character Sheet - Formula Help

in Off-Topic Posts: 15
Hiya folks. I was messing around with a homemade character sheet/generator and I'm trying to figure out the formula for calculating the sum of two numbered cells, each one having been /10 to calculate their tens digits as singles, and then rounded down. I was wondering if anybody out there had such knowledge as "how" to write the formula.

An example would be numbered cells 32 & 28
=SUM(ROUNDDOWN(C4/10,C6/10),2)
I got 5.2 with this. Not sure how to make it simply 5 ;)

Most Excel Help sites want to charge you $40 just to answer LOL.

Cue my cry for help ;)

Much thanks!

Comments

• citizenvaincitizenvain Indianapolis
    You should be able to just format the cell as a number with no decimal places. Right click on the cell and choose "Format Cell". Then choose number and for the decimal places, put zero instead of the default 2.
    A survivor and GM in Indianapolis, IN. 
    imageimageimage
    Doing that and using =SUM(ROUNDDOWN(C4/10,C6/10),0) now yields the result of 3. Hmmm wish I knew more about these functions ;)

Thanks however as that did help to alleviate the pesky decimal issue. Now to figure out why my math isn't working properly. (32/10) + (28/10) each rounded down should be 5 not 3 ;)
  • citizenvaincitizenvain Indianapolis
    Make your formula look like this:

=(ROUNDDOWN(C4/10,0))+(ROUNDDOWN(C6/10,0))

A survivor and GM in Indianapolis, IN. 
    imageimageimage