Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter
We have recently reorganized the forums to better accommodate the location of information. If you find any discussions categorized incorrectly please let us know and we will get it sorted out.

Region IX 9, is there anybody out there???

olwell86 93940
in Pandemic Play Posts: 124
Some of my players have expressed interest in continuing play with their preseason selves.  
Have you continued on your own?  
Did the radio ever work for you? 

Do you listen to Pink Floyd?

Comments

• Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    Ahhh, we didn't really get to do much with the radio system in the Preseason.  My crew has played on from there some, though I doubt we used what would have been official PP plot and such (well, positive of that since I do some dev work on it now).
    -Alex (Red)
    Community Manager
  • olwell86 93940
    The radio system was something we were greatly looking forward too.
  • olwell86 93940
    We start again next week
  • Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    Awesome - be sure to drop in and tell us about it!
    -Alex (Red)
    Community Manager
  • olwell86 93940
    We made new characters and increased the OL to 4.  We made them fictional meta versions of ourselves.  As our peer group and global population is smaller, we have only us to compare.  Therefore we started at 40 in SPEW.  Then we got 80 Gestalt.  (dont yell yet).  For 11 GL each we went to fifth tier in Support basic and trained skills.  So each player has 10 things they can do...Lastly the players opted to bump up to 50 in a stat or two..
    Paradigms were not picked yet but will be used.

We start with a base 10 in general supplies, food, Misc. (DP dice will remove this fast)  Complimented by two harpoon guns with one round each.  200' rope, 1 walkie talkie (wet needs to dry), 10 gallons of water, two sails, and a small first aid kit.  

We start shipwrecked with minimal food and resources.  

It is 1500 or Time 7.5...
    we will awake on the beach at high tide to the sounds of a passing CDC helicopter.  It is a two mile walk to the remains of civilization.  Small fires can still be seen throughout the city with none left to tend them.  The fog starts to roll in with a wet mist.  Was that a Raptor?  Where will we head?  

I will let you guys know next week...

Did I forget anything before we start?  
  • Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    I think you pretty well have it.  Probably a little overpowered on the character side, but you note yourself that you are aware of this in the description.  OL 4 will likely be pretty intense, which can be a blast to be sure, and your higher powered team should be able to cope with this for a fair bit.  I like the low supplies to start things out, keep the characters desperate at the start is a good way to get rolling - make them work up.  The start is nice as well, puts them a bit off balance as things get going.

Look forward to see how it plays out for you.
    -Alex (Red)
    Community Manager