Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter
We have recently reorganized the forums to better accommodate the location of information. If you find any discussions categorized incorrectly please let us know and we will get it sorted out.

Request to use the term CU in a hobby level video game

Long time no see HB friends! It's me your cousin! Let's go bowling! ;)

I have been pouring my time into a little non zombie related roguelike video game. I've always found the way OU handles items to be elegant and awesome. Now that I need to start thinking about how I want to handle the volume and weight of items... An adapted version of CU seems perfect. It wouldn't be exactly the same, but I can't think of a better term for it, and it would be heavily based on it.

You guys wouldn't mind if I borrowed the term and idea would you? Keep in mind this is a non zombie related computer game that will be released for free. I'm also not opposed to crediting OU in the special thanks credits for it.

Anyway, I hope you guys are well, and thanks for the time of hearing my request.
imageimage

Comments

• Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    Thanks for popping back in!  I sent a message to Ivan and Chris to expedite the process of them seeing this thread since I pop in more often then they do.
    -Alex (Red)
    Community Manager & Developer
  • Thanks Red_Eye!
    imageimage
  • Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    They are looking into some details.
    -Alex (Red)
  • If there legal problems with it I could always just go in another direction. It's early enough in development that I could come up with something else. I'm only just now getting to the point where I need to start thinking about it, and its not too late to go another route. In fact, it's the best time to go another route if need be. I don't want to put you guys on the spot, I fully respect that it may not be possible or in HG's legal interests. I just believe that as a culture visualizing weight and volume in an abstract way is great for gaming. So many roguelike (the genre I'm building from) focus too much on exact weight spreadsheets and huge item lists. I'd like to show that there's other ways. Borrowing concepts from pen and paper games is pretty traditional to roguelikes. The original Rogue was heavily inspired by the mechanics of early dungeons and dragons. Whatever you guys decide, I will respect and still love OU.
    imageimage
  • Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    Just sent you a PM about this :D
    -Alex (Red)