Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter
We have recently reorganized the forums to better accommodate the location of information. If you find any discussions categorized incorrectly please let us know and we will get it sorted out.

Encounter Tables

So I am trying to make some encounter tables for my game, and am a bit stuck. 

It says the standard E% is 10% per Pb of standard opponent (so 20% if I am using Infected).

Then I add 1 DoS per OL. 

Does this mean that at OL 1 and I roll 20-11% It is 1 DoS or 2?

Also if I roll 21-30 what happens?

Once I figure this out, how do I know if the encounter is Vigilanties, Survivors, Panicked, Bad Guys, infected, Scooby Do?

On top of all of that, does anyone know how I might set up a rollable table in roll20 to do this automagically?

• Red_EyeRed_Eye Ohio
    So, here is the rundown:

The Encounter Table is something you would hand craft for the type of Scenario you want to depict, but I can give you some ideas of what you can try out.  But first thing first.  If you roll a successful E% then you would add any bonus DoS to that from your Outbreak Level to determine what you get to spend.  If you fail the E% your DoF will cancel out bonus DoS, so you may have some left over or you may not (alternately you can simply have a failed E% just equate to no Encounter).  That should clear that up for you.

Now, as for what you get to deploy - if you are doing a published deal it should include an Encounter Table for you so you know.  Otherwise, here is what I personally use for a kick and dirty table:

1 DoS = Standard Opponent (Set by GM)
    2 DoS = Alternate Opponent (Anything basic but not Standard) OR use a Template Upgrade
    3 DoS = Unique Opponent
    4 DoS = O.B.M.

I then set my Standard roughly based on the following details:

Urban Areas - OL 0-2 = Living, OL 3-4 = Undead
    Rural Areas - OL 0-3 = Beast, OL 4 = Undead

That is a pretty basic one, but it works well if you don't want to do some customization to the overall setup.
    -Alex (Red)
    Community Manager & Developer