Outbreak: Undead.. is a sandbox system without pre-established world building or lore – only highly adaptable mission frameworks. Allowing for any kind of Zombie Apocalypse (slow, fast, sentient, biologically alive), in any kind of environment (urban, arctic, jungle, swampland), and take place in any kind of setting (divergent history, modern day, near future, fandom worlds) you can imagine.
Outbreak: Undead.. favors PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE in its characters – over SENSATIONAL HERO FULFILLMENT. Really, it asks you not ‘IF’ you are going to die, but ‘WHEN’ and ‘HOW’.
Our goal with the 2nd Edition Core Rules is to allow the GM to:
- Expand on the DETAILS first presented in our pocket book releases to craft their worlds.
- Make OPPONENTS that are the perfect fit for your players worst nightmares.
- Play the game at a level of REALISM that is most intriguing to your group.
- Use players GESTALT (practical experience) to zero in on what makes players special.
- Run group TACTICS, and wisely use COMPETENCE POINTS to give you the best odds at survival.
With our proprietary SPEW-AI (Strength, Perception, Empathy, WIll – Assessment Inventory), you could even play YOURSELF as a character.
Outbreak: Undead.. first premiered at GenCon 2010 as a Zombie Survival Simulation RPG. The game is vastly popular with both Role Players as well as the Zombie/Survivalist community, obtaining a ‘PLATINUM SELLER‘ status on DTRPG. It has won several awards, including the ENnies 2011 – Judges Choice and GenCon Marketing Fellowship Award, for its unique look and presentation. Since that time we have brought additional games and products successfully to market, and continuing our tradition of bringing award winning content to our community.
Our team knows what it takes to bring quality products to the table.
Bring 2nd Edition to (Un)Life with Kickstarter!
We want YOU to be part of the movement to help bring the 2nd Edition Core Rules to print. Register now for an email notification and we’ll be sure you are among the first to know!